Thursday, April 28, 2011
Basic facts about the United States' government
I myself am guilty of a tad bit of ignorance in this category. So, I'm just going to share a few facts and then we'll all know and can discuss it all intelligently!
Q: What is the supreme law of the land?
A: The Constitution
Q: What is the length of a U.S. Senator's term?
A: 6 years
Q: How many supreme court justices are on the bench?
A: 9
Q: How many members of the U.S. House of Representatives?
A: 435
Q: What is the opening phrase of the constitution?
A: "We the people..."
(PLEASE tell me you at least knew that one!?!)
Q: What is the age requirement to be elected president?
A: 35
Test your knowledge of the Constitution here:
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/112_Congress/page?id=12529211
I'm just a tiny bit ashamed to admit that I did horribly!! Being that my father was a social studies and history teacher, I don't think I'll tell him.
Feel free to add some more facts that you feel should be common knowledge in the comment section.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment